The cleaner will be responsible for keeping the building in clean and orderly condition, and will perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, cleaning and stocking restrooms, washing walls, glass and upholstered furniture, and removing rubbish. Duties may include notifying management of the need for repairs.
AREAS OFF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Customer Focus
- Energy and stress
- Team work
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Ethics and Integrity
- Performs general clean-up of all office facilities.
- Sweeps, mops, polishes, refinishes resilient floors, vacuums and shampoos carpeted areas, dumps garbage and recycles bins, performs all cleaning aspects of halls, offices, board rooms, restrooms, lunchroom as well as washes walls, windows, upholstered furniture and window coverings.
- Cleans and stocks restroom facilities o Cleaning the arena bowl (seating area) o Monitors work quality, trains as needed.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Must be able to schedule and priotize work for self.
This job description is not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to perform tasks outside of the scope of this job description. The company reserves the right to change or amend the job description in line with company.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing,
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility and flexibility
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- High level of sound and independent judgement and reasoning.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures. Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- On ‘ad hoc’ requirements may sometimes include the setting up and assisting with work functions.
- First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets
Closing Date:20th September, 2021