Institution: Lentegeur Hospital
(Chief Directorate: Metro Health Services)
- Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
- Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
- Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
- Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
- 13th cheque, employer’s contribution to the pension fund, housing and medical aid allowance.
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- Appropriate experience in handling of clean and dirty linen within a health environment.
Inherent requirements of the job:
- Willingness to do manual labour and assist in other departments when required.
- Must be able to count well.
- Valid Code B/EB driver’s licence.
- Basic knowledge in the correct methods of handling, sorting and counting of linen.
- Basic knowledge in washing and sluicing of linen.
- Ability to communicate effectively in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
Duties (key result areas/outputs):
- Collect dirty linen from wards.
- Receive clean linen, count and issue clean linen to wards.
- Counting of linen.
- Keep linen area and storeroom clean and tidy.
- Washing of patient’s clothes.
Note: No payment of any kind is required when applying for this post.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS: Z83 forms (obtainable from any Government department or www.westerncape.gov.za) must: Be completed in full, clearly reflect the name of the position, name and date of the publication (candidates may use this as reference), be signed, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, the names of 3 referees and certified copies of ID, driver’s licence and qualification/s. A separate application form must be completed for each post. Applications without the afore-mentioned will not be considered. Applications must be forwarded to the address as indicated on the advertisement. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. CV’s will not be returned. Excess personnel will receive preference. Applications, which are received after the closing date, will not be considered. Further communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not received a response from the Department within 3 months of the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date, time and place as determined by the Department.
As directed by the Department of Public Service & Administration, applicants must note that further checks will be conducted once they are shortlisted and that their appointment is subject to positive outcomes on these checks, which include security clearance, qualification verification, criminal records, credit records and previous employment.
The Department of Health is guided by the principles of Employment Equity. Candidates with a disability are encouraged to apply and an indication in this regard will be appreciated. (Plainsman 4/8/2021, Vukani 5/8/2021, PSVC 27/2021
Closing Date: 27 August 2021