The main purpose of the job is to ensure that all administration pertaining to workshop process is dealt with efficiently.
Reporting: This position report to Team Leader.
- Opening and processing of job cards for repairs, maintenance and servicing.
- Ensure information on book in sheet received from workshop include all relevant information e.g. registration number, chassis number, kilometer reading etc.
- Recording service type, e.g. basic, annual etc.
- Record any other faults e.g. brake lights not working, vehicle overheating, etc.
- Transferring all relevant information onto job card on computer.
- Carry out credit checks.
- Ensure that job card is allocated to correct account i.e. customer, warranty, maintenance contract.
- Ensure that job cards are signed by Driver/owner or relevant responsible person.
- Raising a sublet order.
- Ensure outwork supplier submit quotation for work to be done.
- Sublet order raised against the job (First copy to outlet supplier, second to costing file and third to the job card).
- Copy of processed invoice and order to be attached to job card.
Closing of job cards (work in progress)
- Ensure that daily WIP controls are in place and that regular follow ups are done with workshop team leaders to ensure continuous flow of process.
- Ensure job card has been completed as required with all relevant information, i.e. date, work carried out, time started, time finished, total time worked, VST, cause of failure, etc.
- Ensure that owner or relevant person sign acceptance of work and/or parts fitted.
- Ensure job is signed off by relevant Mechanic, the Team Leader and the AM Manager before closure.
Job Processing and Workflow
- Enter brief description of work done and any notes made by the Workshop Manager.
- Enter parts used.
- Enter labour according to VST codes.
- Enter outwork.
- In case of breakdowns enter travelling time and call out fee.
- Enter sundries and consumables.
- Print invoice and ensure it is handed to the Workshop Manager to sign off and ensure order numbers are in place.
- Hand over to administrative assistant.
- Upon final confirmation of payment received issue gate pass to driver.
- Ensure filing is kept up to date.
- Daily printing and filing of all claim documents onto relevant job cards .
- Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
- Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
- Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
- Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
- Expect to give full support as a Workshop Administrator.
- Work according to the Volvo Way.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Matric or equivalent.
- Computer Skills.
- SAP/GDS Fusion.
- Strong administrative background.
- Warranty and Maintenance experience within a dealership.
- Work well under pressure.
- Customer focused.
- Organizational skills.
- Administration skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Team player.
- Quality orientated.
- Ability to plan and organize.
- Good Time management.
- Task execution with minimum supervision.
- Good attention to detail.
Volvo Group Southern Africa is an affirmative action, equal employment opportunity employer.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.
Auto req ID
State / Province
Travel Required (maximum)
Last application date:22-Mar-2022