Leading societies to a low carbon future, Alstom develops and markets mobility solutions that provide the sustainable foundations for the future of transportation. Our product portfolio ranges from high-speed trains, metros, monorail, and trams to integrated systems, customised services, infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a caring, responsible, and innovative company where more than 70,000 people lead the way to greener and smarter mobility, worldwide
Gibela invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for the Storekeeper/Storeman.
Purpose of the Job
The successful candidate will receive, store, pack and deliver material to ensure project satisfaction (material availability).In charge of physical material flow (goods reception, warehousing, line replenishment, packaging, shipping).The position reports to Senior Maintenance Technician.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain receipts, records, and withdrawals of the stockroom
- Receive, unload, and shelve supplies
- Perform stock-related duties, including returning, packing, pricing, and labeling supplies
- Inspect deliveries for damage or discrepancies; report damages to Procurement for reimbursements and record keeping
- Rotate stock and coordinate the disposal of surpluses
- Ensure adequate record keeping and manage all documentation to confirm proper stock levels and maintain inventory control
- Coordinate the handling of freight, the movement of equipment, and necessary minor repairs
- Raise purchase requisitions on SAP
- Perform goods receipts on SAP
- Conduct housekeeping within the storeroom
- Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
- Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
- Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
- Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
- Matric or equivalent qualification
- 2 years stock control and store keeping experience
- Competencies in data entry, analysis, and management
- Knowledge of proper bookkeeping and inventory management
- Familiarity with standard concepts and best practices in a stockroom or warehouse environment
- Practical knowledge of SAP ERP will be advantageous
Closing Date 15 March 2022
Preference may be given to appointable applicants from the underrepresented designated groups in terms of the relevant employment equity plans and policies of the Gibela. The company retains the right not to make an appointment and to verify all information provided by candidates.
Alstom is the leading company in the mobility sector, solving the most interesting challenges for tomorrow’s mobility. That’s why we value inquisitive and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Day after day, we are building an agile, inclusive and responsible culture, where a diverse group of people are offered opportunities to learn, grow and advance in their careers, with options across functions and geographic locations. Are you ready to join a truly international community of great people on a challenging journey with a tangible impact and purpose?
Equal opportunity statement:
Alstom is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local law.
Job Segment: ERP, SAP, Procurement, Bookkeeping, Data Entry, Technology, Operations, Finance, Administrative
Closing Date 15 March 2022